Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dennis has a family!!!

Has anyone seen it yet?  Dennis has a forever family!  He is going to a family in Minnesota with lots of brothers and sisters and a mom that has loved him for a year now!  They were so happy a few months ago to see a family commit to him and so very sad when they found out that it did not work out.  When Dennis's  mom asked about him a year ago, her husband wasnt sure about adopting a child with DS.  Her and her husband chose a little girl with sn but not DS.  The mom always checked on him to see if his forever family found him.  Once they saw that a forever family had chose him, they went ahead and commited to a little boy with DS.  Dennis opened their hearts to the possibility of loving a child with DS.  Yes, her husband was now ready and at peace to bring a little one home with DS.  After all, Dennis had a family so she felt okay with the ideal of rescuing another angel she had falling in love with.  Then the family chose just one more special boy with DS and all was well.  Then this family found out that Dennis was once again available and weeks away from being transferred to an institution.  They asked about him but were told that they didnt think it was possible to adopt four sn kids at one time : (
Until today..............WE are bringing Dennis HOME!!!!!  (I know Kit, aren't you glad you live right down the road???  I am!!)  We found some things out today and we are asking for your prayers that this all works out!  We are going to Eastern Europe to bring all four home!  We are so excited and thrilled and we cant wait to hold them!  It will be a lot of running and a lot more extra money for us so if you have a few extra dollars laying around and you wouldn't mind helping us out, please, please, donate.  Even if it is a dollar!  Because every dollar adds up and we need to travel  soon before Dennis is transferred!  I will be doing a auction in  1 1/2 weeks so stay tuned!  And if anyone has anything they would like to donate for the auction, let me know.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy that you can take him! I found your blog this week through RR and I saw your posts about Dennis. I keep checking back b/c I figured you would have the latest info on him since you wrote that you talked to Andrea about him. Anyway, last night I was on RR and saw that Dennis (along with Alec and Zhorya, from the same orphanage) all had a family!!!! I actually almost commented this news to you since I knew you'd be so happy! I didn't b/c I felt weird about it since I don't even know you. Anyway, that would have been funny to tell you about how YOU are adopting Dennis! I have been praying for him and am so glad you think they will let you take 4 kids home. I will keep praying for you all so that this actually happens! Congrats, again! P.S. Do you know who is taking the other 2 boys in Dennis' orphanage? Just curious b/c I've been praying for them too. Debby from NH

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I dont know who took Alec & Zhenya but the other little girl who was going to go home with Dennis from the same baby house found her family also!!! I wonder if the three of them are with the same family? Thanks for praying for Dennis and for us now that we are on this journey! If we were not the family that chose Dennis and you would have told me I would have been happy but not as happy as I am to BE the family!!lol
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I am so happy!!!! You will be one blessed family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thankful to hear that Dennis has a family! I met him while I was in Eastern Europe adopting a little girl from the same room in his orphanage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go guys!!!!! I had a feeling it would happen and he would be home soon! Can't wait to meet him (and babysit) when he is down the street!

    I am very happy for all of you! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't be happier for you Nance! You are one brave family :)

    jodi lewandoski

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are You REALLY bringing him home????? I was so worried about him! YAY!
    McKennaugh
    kelleycrew@npacc.net
    www.christscalling.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I am so anxious to know how things are going with Dennis' adoption! I haven't seen any changes on the RR website with him or with your family sponsor page. I am hoping and praying that you are still able to adopt him and that things haven't fallen through!
    Debby from NH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my !!! What an amazing story :) I am so happy for you, and dennis!! I know what it is like to ache for a child with ds and not have your hubby on board :( so very happy it has worked out so well for your family
    Maria (rr) :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I married my high school sweetheart 26 years ago. Ken and I and have ten of the greatest kids from different parts of the world. We are hoping to bring a few more kiddos home! Throughout the years in our adoption journeys it has made us want to bring some kind of hope to these kids. This blog will hopefully allow us the opportunity to advocate for some of the orphans in the world. Join us in our journeys and the day to day happenings in raising 10 kids.....and counting.