Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who's Idea Was This Anyway???

When we adopted from 2 different regions in Eastern Europe last summer, folks told us it would be hard. But there was no way I could let Denis be transferred. This was they boy that I first was drawn to when finding RR. Who would have thought after seeing his face over 1 year prior he would be home, with us, his family?? Looking back at it though, it all seemed rather easy compared to what craziness we are going through now adopting from two countries!! Its not all the paperwork (done) or running (done), its the wondering how in the world (no pun intended) we will be at 2 places, 2 continents, at once. I'm praying it will all work itself out and we will do one right after the other.
Someone from Ingrid's (our girl in Colombia) orphanage is here in Minnesota and we are meeting up with her on Sunday! I guess her daughter lives here in the Twin Cities and she came up to spend some time with her and her new grandson! Small world! She has a letter and photos for us from Ingrid! Ingrid turned 16 last week but our paperwork was far enough along to stop the clock for her! Thank you God!!!
She just has to wait a little longer before she can come home. We have to go bring our little one home from Eastern Europe first!!!
I'm a little nervous as to what I will see when returning to EE. Our girl was transferred out of the baby house a few months ago. She thought she was going home with us last summer and was SO upset when we left. Who could blame her!?!? Will I ever be able to make it up to her? Oh how I hope so! I can not wait to grab her and hug her and kiss her sweet face!
All the kids are doing well and driving mom crazy.....just like they are supposed to! But how come its mostly mom they drive crazy and not so much tata(dad)???????

3 comments:

  1. Heh, did you get my e-mail? I was wondering what's been happening at your end. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nance - I HEAR YOU MAY HAVE SOME PICTURES AND VIDEOS OF JONAH??? I AM ADVOCATING FOR HIM - CAN YOU LET ME KNOW.... covenantb@yahoo.com

    Julia - covenantbuilders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nance!!

    Charlie agrees with you that he doesn't need to share his treats with his furry siblings. :) He's just too cute so he can get away with it! hehe

    I am praying for you constantly and was hoping for an update since I'm so worried for your latest adoptions. Praying for smooth trips and no surprises for your family!!

    Thank you for your comment- it is always so nice to hear from you!
    xoxo, Kari :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I married my high school sweetheart 26 years ago. Ken and I and have ten of the greatest kids from different parts of the world. We are hoping to bring a few more kiddos home! Throughout the years in our adoption journeys it has made us want to bring some kind of hope to these kids. This blog will hopefully allow us the opportunity to advocate for some of the orphans in the world. Join us in our journeys and the day to day happenings in raising 10 kids.....and counting.